Get a 20% Equity Loan from the Government with Help to Buy
How does Help to Buy work outside of London?
- The Government loan covers up to 20% of the value of your new home. The loan is interest free for the first five years and you pay a monthly management fee of £1.
- You will need a 5% deposit
- You will need a 75% mortgage
Help to Buy: Equity Loan Eligibility
- the home you want to buy must be sold by a Help to Buy house builder
- the amount you pay for a home depends on where you are buying. Help to Buy now has Regional price caps in place, follow this link to find out about the price cap in your area.
- you must be able to afford the monthly repayments on your new home
- you must not own any other property at the time of purchase
- you may not sublet your new home
To reserve a HTB home with L&Q, our sales team will refer you to an independent financial advisor who will be able to assist with completing a Help to Buy application You should also consider seeking independent financial and legal advice. A mortgage advisor can help you secure a mortgage that suits your financial situation, and a solicitor can help you by preparing all the legal documentation.