A Help To Buy : Equity Loan
Get a 40% Equity Loan from the Government with Help to Buy
How does Help to Buy work when buying in London?
- The Government loan covers up to 40% of the value of your new home. The loan is interest free for the first five years and you pay a monthly management fee of £1.
- You will need a 5% deposit
- You will need a 55% mortgage
Help to Buy: Equity Loan Eligibility
- the home you want to buy must be a new build and cost up to £600,000* and be sold by a Help to Buy house builder
- you must be able to afford the monthly repayments on your new home
- you must not own any other property at the time of purchase
- you may not sublet your new home
To reserve a Help to Buy home with L&Q, our sales team will refer you to an independent financial advisor who will be able to assist with completing a Help to Buy application
What if a Help to Buy : Equity Loan isn't right for you?
The Help to Buy Loan is set to change in 2021
The government’s new Help to Buy scheme will come into effect from April 1st, 2021 and will run until March 2023.
- The new Help to Buy loan will only be available to first time buyers.
- The new Help to Buy loan will include regional price caps. The regional price cap for London will be £600,000.
To take advantage of the scheme under the current rules the sale of your new home must complete by March 31st, 2021. This means there is still time to take advantage of the current scheme!
Find a Help to Buy home near you
We have homes available across London