Who is eligible for Help to Buy?
To apply for the new 2021-2023 scheme, the following eligibility criteria must apply to you and any joint applicant:
- You must be a first-time buyer.
- You must currently live in England.
- You must not own any other home in the UK or abroad now or previously.
- You must not have had any form of sharia mortgage finance.
- Help to Buy is valid only on new build homes, with regional price caps up to a maximum value of £600,000.
- Applicants in the Armed Forces have different entitlements and may be eligible to sublet a home. Read more on the Forces Help To Buy scheme, which runs until 2022.
For full details on eligibility, visit the Help to Buy website.